i had hep c now i don't

Dear Dr Mcgovern. i was told i tested possitive for hep c.3 yrs ago.the dr said it was a very low load in the 15,000. i had 2 test and they both confirmed i had hep c..i lost my medical insurance.and went back to the dr 2 yrs laterhe did another blood test and said my liver was fine and the load was untraceable.i smoke marijuana,for a medical condition called bipolar disorder.i am trying to explain why the hep c went away.. could thc treat hep C

No - you are one of those lucky people who cleared their virus spontaneously. Your first blood test showed an extemely low level of virus (15,000) so I would have ordered another test in about a month to see if you would be clearing it then (since we usually don't see levels so low as this).

Congrats to you. Keep yourself healthy and make certain you are vaccinated against hepatitis A and B. These vaccines can often be obtained through public health departments - if you need vaccination. Check with your doctor.

Hepatitis c
hep c