Oct 13, 2008
what will happen if you don't take care of yourself with hvc such as drinking to much drunk all the time that much drinking
Response from Dr. McGovern
Alcohol and hepatitis C are the worst possible combination. Alcohol by itself causes scarring of the liver. However, together with hepatitis C, the scarring is much worse. Alcohol also increases the level of virus in your bloodstream.
I would recommend that you speak to your physician about getting into a substance abuse program; if you don't have a physician and you are drinking more than five drinks daily, are getting blackouts, are driving under the influence...you will want to talk to a substance abuse counselor about getting into a detox facility.
pls interpret ..
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Do You Have To Wait Until You Can Get Tested For An Std?
- Do Pimples Increase The Risk Of Hiv Transmission?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.