pls interpret ..

Hi.. I just gave birth last august, but was positive of hepa b i had my test last july for sgpt alt 19 and hbsag 109.And just after giving birth i have done another test sgpt alt became 69 and hbsag 59.. pls help me what does it mean.. there was a big difference..

best regards.

Those are not meaningful differences. The important issue is to determine if you have HBV DNA in your bloodstream. Also you will want to know if hepatitis B vaccine was given to your baby at birth.

Hepatitis B can be "inactive" or "active". You need to know if virus is in your bloodstream to get a better sense of this. If DNA is present, you may also need a biopsy over time if your liver function tests remain abnormal.

New treatment guidelines are expected this fall for hepatitis B so stay tuned.

occult hepatitis c
hepatitis c