|Hep B 3 shot prevention
Oct 9, 2008
I was given a shot 20 years ago for hep B when several of my friends had HEP B. The last time I was tested I showed pos for hep b which I never had. I now have hep c and at work they are giveing the 3 shot protection from hep b. Do I need to take these shots or not?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
All you have to do is check your blood for hepatitis B surface antibody.If your levels are protective, you don't need the vaccine.
If you have no risks for hepatitis C, then you may also want to get further testing for HCV as well with a RIBA test - which is more a sensitive and specific test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Ejaculation After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From In A Hot Tub?
- Will Blood Test Show Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.