|NEEDLESTICK WITH HEP A POSTIVE PATIENT
Oct 4, 2008
Can hep A be tranmitted though needlestick? Patient's Hep A Igm is reactive and I don't have immunization to Hep A. Am I at risk for being infected?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I am not aware of any cases of transmission through a needlestick. You could discuss with your employee health service for further evaluation. Hepatitis A vaccine is not routinely recommended for health care workers and I wouldn't recommend any particular prophylaxis based on this issue.
I would discuss the needlestick however with EHS.
Hep B 3 shot prevention
- Does HIV Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Kissing?
- What Part Of The Body Is Affected By Hepatitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.