NEEDLESTICK WITH HEP A POSTIVE PATIENT
Oct 4, 2008
Can hep A be tranmitted though needlestick? Patient's Hep A Igm is reactive and I don't have immunization to Hep A. Am I at risk for being infected?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I am not aware of any cases of transmission through a needlestick. You could discuss with your employee health service for further evaluation. Hepatitis A vaccine is not routinely recommended for health care workers and I wouldn't recommend any particular prophylaxis based on this issue.
I would discuss the needlestick however with EHS.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute And Negative HIV Test
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.