Oct 4, 2008
Been through 2 rounds of HCV Treatment, now on third round with Infergen. If this treatment works in some way, but I relapse, will it buy me some time to try newer therapies? In other words, will it make the liver a little healthier even though there's not an SUV? Much thanks.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect that if your virus is suppressed during these therapies, but rebounds after the treatment is over, there is a good chance that your liver is still less inflamed than it was before. Studies have shown that even virologic non-responders have a good histologic response to treatment (eg, their biopsy improves)..
My husband is HEP C positive
NEEDLESTICK WITH HEP A POSTIVE PATIENT
- Is Sinus Infection An Ars Symptom?
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.