Oct 4, 2008
Been through 2 rounds of HCV Treatment, now on third round with Infergen. If this treatment works in some way, but I relapse, will it buy me some time to try newer therapies? In other words, will it make the liver a little healthier even though there's not an SUV? Much thanks.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect that if your virus is suppressed during these therapies, but rebounds after the treatment is over, there is a good chance that your liver is still less inflamed than it was before. Studies have shown that even virologic non-responders have a good histologic response to treatment (eg, their biopsy improves)..
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will You Contract Hiv By Having Sex With An Hiv Negative Person?
- Can A Woman Transmit Hiv To A Man Through Fellatio?
- Environmental And Lifestyle Factors Related To Hiv
- Safety Precautions To Take With People Living With Hiv
- What Has Caused The Evolution Of Drug-resistant Strains Of Hiv?
- Candidiasis And Burning Throat?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.