My husband is HEP C positive

my husband donated blood the other day and his results came back that he is Hep C positive. On the paper his HCV antibody was reactive HCV antibody RIBA was positive and his HCV NAt was Neg. Is there a chance I can be HEP C positive because of our sexual relationship? Can we have more children?

Your husband is clearly HCV positive because his RIBA test is confirmatory. However, it appears that he cleared the virus which is great news.

So hopefully, you will be HCV negative also. Sexual transmission is uncommon, even under circumstances of the partner being viremic (having HCV in his blood). However, I would still get tested for HCV.

I would check your husband's HCV RNA level one more time as well to be certain.

ABOUT ACUTE HEPATITIS C INFECTION
Healthier liver?