|ABOUT ACUTE HEPATITIS C INFECTION
Oct 4, 2008
hi,DR. BABARA,i have seen you said:"However, if - and only if - the healthcare worker becomes ill with ACUTE HEPATITIS C INFECTION - THEN AND ONLY THEN - is additional testing for HIV recommended at 12 months " but i want to know ,what is "becomes ill with ACUTE HEPATITIS C INFECTION". sorry i am a chinese.english is not very well. i want to konw,for example:symptom or hcv rna or hcv antibody? thank you. i fight with a man who is drug user.and seen the blood.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
This refers to both a person with symptoms or a person with viremia (HCV in the bloodstream) which will be found through routine testing as a follow-up of risk.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Achy Balls After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Chest Cold After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Dry Mouth After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Touching Precum Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.