Hep C and supressed Immune System
Sep 30, 2008
Hi Dr. McGovern! My question is I've heard that antibodies dont show up in people after 3 months for hep c and hiv if there very immunosupressed - What exactly does that entail cause I have alot of stress and adrenal fatigue but was tested well outside the 6 month period mark -
Response from Dr. McGovern
What you are referring to is that patients with advanced AIDS with low CD4 counts less than 100 cells may not mount antibodies to hepatitis C virus. This is uncommon but if a person is at risk and has AIDS, they should also have HCV RNA testing to check for virus as well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Picking Your Nose Risk Of Getting HIV
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Can Antibiotics Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.