|Hep C and supressed Immune System
Sep 30, 2008
Hi Dr. McGovern! My question is I've heard that antibodies dont show up in people after 3 months for hep c and hiv if there very immunosupressed - What exactly does that entail cause I have alot of stress and adrenal fatigue but was tested well outside the 6 month period mark -
Response from Dr. McGovern
What you are referring to is that patients with advanced AIDS with low CD4 counts less than 100 cells may not mount antibodies to hepatitis C virus. This is uncommon but if a person is at risk and has AIDS, they should also have HCV RNA testing to check for virus as well.
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- Ars What Type Of Abdominal Pain
- Do Antidepressants Affect STD Test Results?
- Hiv 1 And 2 Test Was Nonreactive At 6 Months
- HIV Risk If Male Doesn't Cum Inside You
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.