Apr 20, 2001
Are all blood donations given at a hospital tested using NAT?
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Yes.Red Cross is testing all blood dontated for NAT.The purpose is to detect positive HCV blood, before Elisa antibodies are positive .The risk of adquiring HCV from blood transfussions is very low ,and is decreasing more every day.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Kids Catch Genital Warts If Parents Have It?
- What To Use For Shingles On Neck?
- What Is The Long Time Effect Of Herpes?
- What Can Be Done To Rid The Pain Of Nerve Damage From Shingles?
- What Are Shingles And What Do They Look Like?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.