Apr 20, 2001
Are all blood donations given at a hospital tested using NAT?
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Yes.Red Cross is testing all blood dontated for NAT.The purpose is to detect positive HCV blood, before Elisa antibodies are positive .The risk of adquiring HCV from blood transfussions is very low ,and is decreasing more every day.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- How Do You Know If You Have Shingles?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Groin Pain After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Needle Stick Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.