Sep 22, 2008
hi! doc i wa tested with hepatitis c during blood donation, and im so very worry about my health, but my risk factor is very low after one month i got retested with ANTI-HCVand the result is inclusively non-reactive,then another test was performed after 2 months and the result is the same, same also with my hepatobilliary system result, my liver is normal in size with no masses seen.is it false positve during blood donation? THank YOU!!
Response from Dr. McGovern
If your risk is low, yes you probably have a false negative test result. I would recommend a RIBA test which is much more specific. I suspect the RIBA will be negative.
Type of infection
- Does Loose Stool Mean I Have Hiv?
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- I Have A Discharge Does That Mean I Have A Std
- What Will Happen If You Don't Treat Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.