Sep 22, 2008
hepc/hiv coinfection and I am raising four children can you tell me what I need to watch for so the kids do not become sick?
Response from Dr. McGovern
There is no evidence that people living in the same household with someone who has HIV or HCV is at risk of acquiring the infection. The main issue is that if you accidentally cut yourself, you don't want to expose your children to any blood (although there is still no major risk here either if their skin is intact).
Everyone should use good hand-washing for protection from common colds spreading in your household.
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- Alphabetical List Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.