|INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
Sep 16, 2008
Hello, I recently took a blood test for hepatitis b and the results are as follows: Hepatitis Bs Antigen?: NEGATIVE
Hepatitis Bs Antibody?: POSITIVE
(run by 2 methods 42 iu/L and 21 iu/L)
Response from Dr. McGovern
This result can mean one of two things: 1. You had HBV in the past but cleared the infection 2. You were vaccinated against HBV.
Either way you are protected against chronic HBV infection. The way you tell the difference is to check a core antibody. If you are positive, then you had past infection and cleared.
Splash on the eye after scaling
Dsadvantages of hbsag
- Swollen Lymph Glands Sign Of HIV Infection
- Ache In Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Anal Warts After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Black Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.