|hep c clearance
Sep 14, 2008
if i naturally cleared the hep-c virus, i realize i will always have hep-c antibody & can develop a differant strain if i expose myself again , however is there a chance the old virus can reamerge if living a clean healthy lifestyle. thanks for your time.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If you cleared the virus from your bloodstream (you are RNA negative) you will still be HCV antibody positive. This does NOT protect you from any exposure of HCV infection so - yes - stay safe! HCV usually will not reemerge on its own.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Loose Stool After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Take Amoxicillin For Vaginal Infections?
- Does Hep C Cause High Blood Pressure?
- Is Autoimmune Hepatitis Contagious With Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.