|Hep A and B Vaccines for HIV+ persons
Sep 14, 2008
Do you recommend Hep A & B vaccinations for HIV+ positive persons and why or why not?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I do recommend these vaccines since I don't want my HIV infected patients to get any infections they can be prevented from getting. This is also true of pneumococcal vaccine and influenza vaccine. Infections of any sort can affect the immune system. Both HAV and HBV vaccines are well tolerated and work well, particularly when the CD4 count is above 350 cells.
HBV vs Sex
hep c clearance
- What Triggers Shingles Outbreak?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Gonorrhea?
- Viral Infection Throat And Shingles
- Syphilis How Does It Affect Reproductive System
- Symptoms Of Herpes Sores Or Rashes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.