HBV vs Sex

My wife is HBV +. Before she was diagnosed, we had several sex encounters, orally & w/ penetration. When she was diagnosed w/ HBV, I did a check but was negative. I took 4 shots of vaccines.

10 yrs after, I was tested again w/ negative result.

We continue with the same sex routine. Is it probable that I can still get infected?

In one of my medical tests, I was given another shot of HBV vaccine to comply w/ a requirement. I complained that I was already vaccinated before but the nurse who gave me the shot said that my previous vaccination already expired.

Please comment.

I agree that a vaccine is in order if your surface antibodies have declined to <10. In persons who have a spouse with chronic HBV I usually check the vaccine response to be certain that they are protected. This can be done about 2 weeks after the vaccine. The vaccine works great and should continue to protect you.

understanding test results
Hep A and B Vaccines for HIV+ persons