Even my physician is confused, pls help

I had Hep b since 2005. My 1st HBV DNA result viral load was (706,000,000 copies/ml). I started enticavr/baraclude in May, 2007. and in Oct,07 i retest and vl declined to (5,250 copies/ml). I continued med and In March,08 (again 25,000 copies/ml). In June the vl decline (6,250 copies/ml). My physician told me in June that i should continue med till Sep 15th and we'll see the DNA results again in Sept,08 .if there would be no positive progress then you should discontinue the medicine and let the viral load increase to a certain level for starting re-treatment. I have a visit in last week of sept, pls help.

Dr.Barbara, after taking baraclude for more than 1year now the doc says quit it..what should i do now?? my doc is a very renowned physician. Pls sugguest what you say,i am thinkless and very frustrated.

Regards

I agree that there is cause for concern that the viral load is not suppressed after a year of treatment.

I personally would consider getting a resistance test, particularly if you had been treated in the past (with lamivudine/epivir in the past).

I would consider keeping the entecavir since your viral load is low, and would add another agent in hopes that this may lead to complete suppression.

You should also be having regular ultrasound and AFP testing.

acute HCV
HOPE AT LAST?