Sep 14, 2008
Dear Doctor, If a person has acute HCV without symptoms, then how does a medical practitioner or even the patient himself diagnose this? Elevated ALTs?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Excellent question. Yes sometimes testing for acute infection follows a routine blood test that shows elevated liver function tests, particularly in someone with risk factors, such as injection drug use.
Toothbrush sharing with a Hep B person
Even my physician is confused, pls help
- Hiv Negative Top With Positive Bottom Bareback
- Do Hiv Symptoms Include Lymph Nodes Headache Stiff Neck?
- Neuropathy And Pins And Needles In Groin Area
- Can You Get Hiv From A Doctor Not Wearing Gloves?
- Are High Alt And Ast Indicative Of Hiv?
- What Could Cause False Positive Rapid Hiv Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.