Sep 14, 2008
Dear Doctor, If a person has acute HCV without symptoms, then how does a medical practitioner or even the patient himself diagnose this? Elevated ALTs?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Excellent question. Yes sometimes testing for acute infection follows a routine blood test that shows elevated liver function tests, particularly in someone with risk factors, such as injection drug use.
Toothbrush sharing with a Hep B person
Even my physician is confused, pls help
- How Long Does It Take Hiv To Turn Into Aids?
- How Long After Sex Can You Detect Hiv In Your Blood Test?
- Hiv And Stomach Problems
- How Long Does An Hiv-infected Person Live?
- If You Have Sex With A Girl And Another Without A Condom Do I Have Hiv?
- How Will I Know If I'm Infected With Hiv Or Aids?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.