Sep 14, 2008
Dear Doctor, If a person has acute HCV without symptoms, then how does a medical practitioner or even the patient himself diagnose this? Elevated ALTs?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Excellent question. Yes sometimes testing for acute infection follows a routine blood test that shows elevated liver function tests, particularly in someone with risk factors, such as injection drug use.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Well Am I Protected From Hiv If I Use A Condom?
- Is Streptococcal Infection Of Throat Common For Hiv Positive?
- Mononucleosis Tests Can They Detect Hiv In My Blood
- The Hiv Virus Is Killed Outside The Body By Using
- What Temperature Is Normal For Hiv Positive People?
- Is Streptococcus Infection Of A Throat Common For Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.