Hepatitis C Tests

I have gotten tested for Hep C and a local std clinic and it was negative and I also got tested from my doctor and it was negative also - is there only one test done for Hep C at these clinics and is it enough cause I get confused when I see people getting these detailed tests done?

A screening HCV antibody test is fine for routine testing. HCV infection is not commonly acquired through sex, but outbreaks have been reported in MSM so routine screening is certainly recommended among person who have had unsafe sex.

Other tests, such as HCV RNA, may be performed in someone at very high risk for HCV - ie, a person who just started sharing infection drugs over the past two months.

help MS ANN
Quantitative or Qualitative ?