|help MS ANN
Sep 7, 2008
I found out that I was hep b core ab igm positive and every year when I get my blood drawn to check the ststus on the hep b core igm it has been positive since 2006 and I seen the the surface was 2000 does it mean that I have chronic hep because the hep b core is still positve
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You need to have your physician draw a HBsurface antigen, e antigen, and HBV DNA level to better determine your status.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chest Pain, High Liver Enzymes Associated With Acute Hiv
- Do I Have To Take Atripla At The Same Time?
- Do Pep Drugs Delay The Body In Producing Antibodies?
- Does Anal Sex Lead To Aids?
- Is Sharing Scissors/knife In A Hair Cutting Saloon Risky?
- Minimum Days Of Survival Of A Hiv Infected Person
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.