Latest Lab results - rpy

Good day to all the member lists!

I just got the results of my recent Lab test. Below is my baseline.

FEB 2008 HBV DNA 377 IU/mL ALT 118

TREATMENT OF INTERFERON FEB 08 TO SEPT 08 (with reference values above)

AUG 19, 2008 HBV DNA < 6 IU/mL ALT 544

1. What does it mean with the latest lab results? 2. Why the ALT is rocket high? Is this serious? 3. Do I have a chnace in clearing the virus? 4. Should I continue to Interferons?

Your reply will be utmost appreciated. Thx and God Bless.

You will need careful follow-up because you are having a "flare" on the interferon therapy. However, this can be good news since you may be on the verge of seroconversion (if you started with HBeAg positive infection). Your starting viral load was low so your chances are excellent.

Best of luck and remember to follow up closely with your doctor for follow up laboratories to be certain that they don't go higher. Also be in touch with your doctor if you begin to feel ill (eg, right upper quadrant pain, nausea)

Delayed seroconversion: please answer
about so much difference in cutoff values of Hepatitis C