|Latest Lab results - rpy
Sep 7, 2008
Good day to all the member lists!
I just got the results of my recent Lab test. Below is my baseline.
FEB 2008 HBV DNA 377 IU/mL ALT 118
TREATMENT OF INTERFERON FEB 08 TO SEPT 08 (with reference values above)
AUG 19, 2008 HBV DNA < 6 IU/mL ALT 544
1. What does it mean with the latest lab results? 2. Why the ALT is rocket high? Is this serious? 3. Do I have a chnace in clearing the virus? 4. Should I continue to Interferons?
Your reply will be utmost appreciated. Thx and God Bless.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You will need careful follow-up because you are having a "flare" on the interferon therapy. However, this can be good news since you may be on the verge of seroconversion (if you started with HBeAg positive infection). Your starting viral load was low so your chances are excellent.
Best of luck and remember to follow up closely with your doctor for follow up laboratories to be certain that they don't go higher. Also be in touch with your doctor if you begin to feel ill (eg, right upper quadrant pain, nausea)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Catch HIV From Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV?
- Can You Catch HIV From Masturbation With Saliva?
- Can You Catch HIV From Vaginal Sex Condom Broke?
- Can You Contract AIDS From Giving Oral Sex?
- Can You Get AIDS From Precum Touching Vagina?
- Can You Get AIDS From Protected Anal Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.