Hbv active

I am a chronic hep b carrier but inactive with dna undectable, HepEantigen negative, and HepBE antibody positive for years. I have never had to take any treatments and my GI doc believes its from childhood. However i just recently got bloodwork done and found out that my viral dna is now 280 (it used to be undectable below 100) but the Eantigen is still negative and the Eantibody positive. I have been under a lot of stress this past year and have been drinking a herbal tea almost daily for constipation so i don't know if that has something to do with it. could you please tell me what probably caused the reactivation, what it means, and what i need to do? I no longer have insurance. Thanks

I would still call you an "inactive carrier" since your viral load is so very low. I would simply repeat it and I wouldn't be surprised if in around 3 to 6 months, the test came back "undetectable".

Hep C & the Brain
Evaluating Hepatitis B results