For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Hep C & the Brain

does Hep C have adverse effects on the human brain in a mental health way, I know someone how has had it for many years and was not expected to still be alive and some of her habits have become uncontrolable and out of hand. Please someone help me understand what she may be going thru. Thank you so much

Some research suggests that hepatitis C may have negative effects on brain functioning, such as depression. I would want your friend to be seen by their physician to try to sort out what might be the cause of these symptoms.

have i cleared hep c
Hbv active