Hep C & the Brain
Sep 7, 2008
does Hep C have adverse effects on the human brain in a mental health way, I know someone how has had it for many years and was not expected to still be alive and some of her habits have become uncontrolable and out of hand. Please someone help me understand what she may be going thru. Thank you so much
Response from Dr. McGovern
Some research suggests that hepatitis C may have negative effects on brain functioning, such as depression. I would want your friend to be seen by their physician to try to sort out what might be the cause of these symptoms.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- What Does An Infected Eye With Chlamydia Looks Like?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes When No Outbreaks?
- What Antibiotics Can Be Used To Cure Chlamydia?
- Things That Get Mistaken For Genital Warts
- Can You Get Syphilis With Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.