hcv syringe prick

I am orthopaedic surgeon. I was injecting into heel of my patient while destroying syringe i pricked my index fingre patient is hcv rna +.what are the chances of getting infection and what should i do.iam worried kindly give detail answer.

I would certainly bring this to the attention of your health service to get baseline HCV antibody and HCV RNA and LFT testing for your own protection. You should also avail yourself to employee health counseling.

Then I would get HCV RNA and liver function tests at about 4 to 6 weeks and then an HCV Ab, HCV RNA, and LFTs in about 4 to 6 months.

Prophylaxis is not recommended. If you DO get hepatitis C, your chance of cure is greater than 90% since it will be diagnosed so quickly.

Your risk of acquisition will depend on the bore size, inoculum, etc.

Nail clippers and HCV
i dont understand my HepBsurAb reults.