Nail clippers and HCV

Dr. McGovern,

Thank you for helping me out here. Here is my concern: I used my nailclippers to cut my nails. I did not cut myself while doing it but I did put one of my fingers to my mouth after touching the clippers. I didnt have any bleeding wounds inside my mouth but sometimes I have little mouth sores. After doing that I noticed small drop of dried blood on the nail clippers. I asked my husband has he cut himself and he said no.

I remembered that our cleaner lady was at our place 5 days ago. My concern is that if she has used them and cut herself and if she happens to have HCV does that put me at risk?

Is it a risk touching nail clippers with small amount of dried blood (5 days old) and then putting your finger to your mouth? Do I need to get tested?

Thank you!

I would not consider this a risk and would not recommend testing.

Light at the end?
hcv syringe prick