Interferon

Just finished my interferon for 6 months. I immediately have my lab test for ALT, HBV-DNA, HBS Antibody. I was suprised that my ALT gone sky rocket from 118 to 544. My DNA result will release next week. What is happening to me now? Is this serious? I try to contact my doctor to let him know the results. Can someone advise me what to do? Thanks for much needed support.

You will certainly want to touch base with your physician for further testing of your liver function tests to see if your HBV DNA has returned after finishing therapy.

If you are feeling sick, with right upper quadrant pain, nausea and vomiting, you may want to go straight to the clinic. If you are feeling well, be in touch by phone for further instructions regarding repeat blood tests.

HIV+ and HBV
HCV positive Riba neg PCRneg