|HIV infected but not on meds
Aug 20, 2008
someone close to me has been diagnosed as HIV positive for the last ten years and has never taken the medication for HIV? Now she has got jaundice and high blood pressure and fever in the evening ...What would you suggest . We are really worried.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would be concerned about the possibility of hepatitis A, B, or C infection. He or she should be seen promptly for evaluation of jaundice.
Jaundice can result from infection or from obstruction. The viruses I mentioned can attack liver cells and make patients very sick. There are some important blood tests to draw which will give a good idea of the cause of the jaundice and the overall health of the liver.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.