|Hepatitis B and HIV relationship
Aug 20, 2008
Is there any direct link or relationship between hepatitis B(HBV) and HIV, or are they completely disconnected?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
They are completely unrelated viruses. HBV is a DNA virus; HIV is an RNA virus.
They are similar in terms of how high they replicate in the body; they also can become resistant to medications.
Both can be transmitted through injection drug use and sex.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- AIDS Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Bloody Pee After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.