can HIV treatment is the past affect HCV meds?

I have co-infection HIV/HCV and I did 2 HIV treatments in 1998, none of those worked for me, I couldnt cope with the side effects so my doctor took me out of treatments.

Now I have to start HCV treatment and I wonder how all the different meds that I took in the past can interfere with HCV treatment (interferon+ribavirin). I had combivir+viramune and zerit+epivir+ziagen.

Thanks in advance

HIV medications which you have taken in the past should not at all affect your HCV treatment now.

If your CD4 count is low, I would favor reinitiation of your HIV medications. I assume however, that you are not taking them because you are doing so well.

The newest IAS-USA guidelines suggest consideration of HIV medications even in patients with a CD4 count >350 cells if the patient has chronic viral hepatitis.

Coinfected on interferon & problem with hemolytic anemia
HCV/ HIV