|fatty infiltration of the liver
Aug 19, 2008
I JUST GOT A ULTRASOUND DONE OF THE ABD AND IT SAID THAT THE LIVE WAS NORMAL SIZE BUT DIFFUSLEY HYPERECHOIC AND THEN AT THE BOTTOM UNDER IMPRESSION SAID FATTY INFILTRATION OF THE LIVER CAN YOU TELL ME ANTTHING ABOUT THIS
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Fatty liver is becoming very common in the US and elsewhere due to obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol and high triglycerides.
It will be important to have evaluation for this by a hepatologist. Simply fatty liver can be benign; however, inflammation with fatty liver can lead to scarring.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is Your Viral Load And Cd4 Count If Your Undetectable With Hiv?
- If You Have Chlamydia And Gonorrhea Are You Going To Get Hiv?
- Undetectable Hiv Positive Woman And Negative Man Transmission Risk
- Stages Of Peripheral Neuropathy
- Pre-existing Peripheral Neuropathy And Statins
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv To Show Up In Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.