|fatty infiltration of the liver
Aug 19, 2008
I JUST GOT A ULTRASOUND DONE OF THE ABD AND IT SAID THAT THE LIVE WAS NORMAL SIZE BUT DIFFUSLEY HYPERECHOIC AND THEN AT THE BOTTOM UNDER IMPRESSION SAID FATTY INFILTRATION OF THE LIVER CAN YOU TELL ME ANTTHING ABOUT THIS
Response from Dr. McGovern
Fatty liver is becoming very common in the US and elsewhere due to obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol and high triglycerides.
It will be important to have evaluation for this by a hepatologist. Simply fatty liver can be benign; however, inflammation with fatty liver can lead to scarring.
Kindly interpret please!
- What Is A Good Viral Load And T-cell Count For Someone With Hiv?
- Would Herpes Show Up As Just One Sore
- What If You Have Sex One Week Before A Herpes Outbreak?
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
- Syphilis Rash On The Chest
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.