|Advice me !
Aug 19, 2008
I am HBV infected and the HBV/DNA was 921 u/l in march. All enzymes and ultrasound are normal. Is it active or non active condition.
I am going back home after 3 years. I have my family. I asked my wife to test for it and she is negative, She took vacine. Now, may i have healthy child with no HBV. May i have open sex (i mean do i need to use condom) and other exposure with my wife. Pls help me its very important for me. What other things i need to take care.
There are aslo claims in papers that there is herbal medicines for HBV in india, what do you think about it. Pls help me by answering this very important question for me.
Response from Dr. McGovern
1. Your viral load is very low and your enzymes are normal. This is very reassuring, but you will need serial follow-up to be certain that your liver disease remains relatively "quiet". Your disease sounds mainly inactive. This can change however. 2. Your wife should have a test for surface antibodies to be certain that the vaccine worked. If it did, then she will be protected from getting infection. She should have periodic tests for surface antibody and should get a booster when the antibodies start to fall. 3. I would discuss antiviral therapies with your doctor. There are many good medications. I would not take herbals.
Needle prick by a hep C patient
hep c risk in healthcare worker
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Sex With A Prostitute Afraid I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Bladder Infection Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Vaginal Infections Caused By Sperm
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.