|please please reply
Aug 15, 2008
please answer - i have tried to read thru the archives but am gettng mixed messages - i had sex with a girl used a condom - she is chronic hep b carrier non reactive - can you tell me if there is high risk of infection - we used a condom. please answer..
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Using a condom is great protection! Also an inactive carrier usually has low or no detectable virus in their blood so the risk is low. However, HBV carriers can sometimes become active again.
I would ask your doctor to check your surface antibodies against hepatitis B. If they are not in the protective range, I would get vaccinated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Testicular Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Dark Bumps After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.