Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

coinfection possible?
Aug 15, 2008

Hi Prof. McGovern, I'am a 30 year old gay man from Germany and had protected insertive sex end of dec last year. I had a lot of symthoms like chuggling sounds coming from my gastro-intestinal tract as well as flatulences. My liver values in general where okay but me bilburin value was a bit over the range. My doctor tested me for hiv, hcv and hbv antibody and antiges 5 weeks after the so called risk. negative. Again he tested after 8 weeks for those three viruses with the pcr method. Another antibody and antige test for hbv and hiv was done after 6 month plus an antibody test for hcv. all test were negative. I had a rash on my chest 9 weeks after the risk and a lot of other symphoms too. My doctor told me to stop thinking about any of these viruses cause he said that everything's fine. But I still have symphoms. Shall I go on with testing??? What do you think??? I'am really worried about hiv hepatitis coinfection. Thanks for your help.

Response from Dr. McGovern

I would agree with your doctor that you have been tested thoroughly and I would not test again.

I would get vaccinated against hepatitis A and B though to keep you protected against those viruses.

Previous
Inconsistent Hep C Test Results(help!)
Next
hep cca

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.