I received results for hep b surf ab result, what does that mean

I received results for hep b surf ab result, what does that mean??

Hepatitis B surface antibodies are protective against infection. You can acquire them through natural infection (which means you won't get reinfected) or you can acquire them through vaccination.

The way to tell the difference between the two is to check core antibodies as well. If the core are positive,you were exposed to HBV in the past but cleared the virus. If the core antibodies are negative, you were immunized in the past.

Super Infection