|I received results for hep b surf ab result, what does that mean
Aug 15, 2008
I received results for hep b surf ab result, what does that mean??
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B surface antibodies are protective against infection. You can acquire them through natural infection (which means you won't get reinfected) or you can acquire them through vaccination.
The way to tell the difference between the two is to check core antibodies as well. If the core are positive,you were exposed to HBV in the past but cleared the virus. If the core antibodies are negative, you were immunized in the past.
- HIV Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.