|I received results for hep b surf ab result, what does that mean
Aug 15, 2008
I received results for hep b surf ab result, what does that mean??
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B surface antibodies are protective against infection. You can acquire them through natural infection (which means you won't get reinfected) or you can acquire them through vaccination.
The way to tell the difference between the two is to check core antibodies as well. If the core are positive,you were exposed to HBV in the past but cleared the virus. If the core antibodies are negative, you were immunized in the past.
- Pain In Urethra After Licking Anus Worried I Have
- Rash After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.