Entacavir

Hello Doctor I m undergoing entacavir treatment for past 18 months.i have taken the test twice in last 8 months and it shows the virus as undetectable.my question is that is it possible to completely wipe of the virus from the body with this drug(Entavir).

thanx in advance

We dont' use the word "cure" with hepatitis B because only rare patients clear surface antigen, which is the best of treatment responses. Unfortunately, this is uncommon though.

The non-detectable virus level though is terrific news. You will want to ask your doctor if you had a positive E antigen before. If so, you will want to follow this until the e antigen converts to an E antibody. At this point you can treat for about another six months and then stop.

If cured of HepC are you still a carrier
I received results for hep b surf ab result, what does that mean