Aug 8, 2008
I was diagnosed with Hep "C" many years ago. I believe I contracted in the Military in Southeast Asia. My liver enzymes have been high, but never high enough to warrant trying the "cure". I have my blood drawn evry 3 months and the results are usuall the same a little high. I have had other tests on the liver, no excess fat, no chirrosis, etc. My last test however 3 months ago showed absolutely no high enzymes whatsoever. Has my body beaten this. I have been taking EDTA for a while now and I am hoping I have gotten lucky. Can the body beat Hep C??
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I don't think I know anything about your liver without some key tests:
1. HCV RNA to know if you have virus in your blood 2. If you do have virus in your blood, then you should have a liver biopsy.
You can have normal liver function tests and still have cirrhosis. This is a very important point. Seek the help of an expert in liver disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Red Spots After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Broken Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Docking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.