|re: hep & hep-c
Aug 8, 2008
hi,dr barbara! i would just like to know which is more dangerous hep-b or hep-c? i'll wait for your answer.thank u!
Response from Dr. McGovern
The answer really depends on the host. In other words if you get hepatitis B but you clear it spontaneously, but you get hepatitis C and it becomes persistent, then the HCV is more dangerous. And vice versa...
However, a different issue is that HBV infection in adulthood usually clears. In contrast, HCV infection in adulthood commonly leads to persistent infection.
Clearance of either infection is lower in an HIV infected patient.
- Hpv After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.