|Hep c...or Aids...?
Aug 8, 2008
I was recently told that hep c is a form of aids ....is this true? if so-or if not where could I get documentation pertaining to this?
Response from Dr. McGovern
That is absolutely not true. Hepatitis C and HIV are two different viruses. Hepatitis C causes liver disease and HIV causes AIDS.
These viruses are often causing infection in the same individual due to similar modes of transmission.
HAS Dr. McGovern abandoned this site?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Can Washing After Sex Can Help Prevent Herpes?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
- Tingling All Over Body Herpes
- Syphilis And White Blood Cell Count
- Symptoms Of Chlamydia In The Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.