Hep C Hiv symptoms.

Recently diagnosed with Hiv and HepC. Cv count was 180 and VL low.Started taking Truvata/Rayatol now for a little over 2 weeks.No real symptoms before test. Liver function test was normal.Still have to wait for another two weeks for blood test to check vl and cv, as well as almost a month for to see a liver specialist. Just noticed lately I have a dry cough and a sore throat.Should I be concerned? Can these meds cause the reverse effect and or do they take awhile to actually work. Appreciate any info..ty

It is a great thing that you got tested for HIV and HCV so you can take action.

Your HIV meds are probably Truvada and Reyataz. That is a good combination and these medications are relatively "liver friendly".

Your HCV will be evaluated by getting a HCV RNA (virus level) and a HCV genotype. You may undergo a liver biopsy if you have genotype 1 infection, which is harder to treat than other genotypes like 2 or 3. The liver biopsy will give helpful information about scarring.

Treatment for HCV includes pegylated interferon and ribavirin. Your doctor may want to see your CD4 count improve before he or she starts therapy.

You should be vaccinated against hepatitis A and B if you were never exposed before.

I would discuss the cough with your physician, particularly if it persists or you have a fever.

Liver ultrasound result
HAS Dr. McGovern abandoned this site?