Aug 8, 2008
will hepititus c kill you and is their a cure. and can you catch it from drinking after someone
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C can cause scarring of the liver. However, not everyone develops liver disease. You can acquire HCV through drug use mainly. Sexual transmission does occur but is less common than getting HCV through sharing of needles.
There is treatment for HCV: interferon and ribavirin and new drugs are in development.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute And HIV Transmission Risk
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.