Acute HBV &HIV-

I tested nonreactive or negative for HIV three times, this year. I took a test in February, April, and June(all negatives). I will go back in August to take another test. In June, I found out that I have acute Hepatitis B, which was during the same week I tested negative for HIV.

What are my chances of my HIV test result in August/September? Hopefully, the result will be negative. I was informed that HBV does not necesarrily lead to HIV. However,I have shared other utensils during recreational activities (no needles). I am alarmed at the moment. What do you think?

I agree with the person who told you that just because you developed acute hepatitis B infection does not mean you will develop HIV. I would suspect that your HBV infection was contracted through sex, which is the most common route.

Of course, you should finish out your HIV testing - but the June test is very reassuring.

You should also have good follow-up on your HBV testing to be certain that you clear your infection.

Third Time
ACUTE INFECTION