I want to donate blood!!!

Hello Dr. McGovern, I would like to become a blood doner. I think it is an important thing to do for the community. I did have an exposure in January, here are my results, can I donate blood?

3 months= Antibody for both HIV and Hepatitis C, both were negative!

6 months= HCV Quantasure Plus (serial)my result was <10 Iu/mL. (On the test results, it said that less than 10 Iu/mL means complete absence of HCV RNA, however, except for rare cases of low viral load.)

Also, at 6 months, my HIV antibody was negative!

1)Would you say I can donate blood and that I am conclusivly negative for BOTH HIV and Hepatitis C?

Thank you in advance, this is a terrific website!

So happy to hear that you like the website!

Yes, you are in the clear for blood donation by testing. When you go to donate, you will be asked about risk factors which you simply have to answer truthfully.

I think it is great that you want to donate too...not enough people like you around!

Would you recommend further testing in this situation? Please some help!!!!
what to do?