Jul 14, 2008
my question is a no someone that has hep c genotype 1a count is 92400 and also cirrohis and I don't know what to do we went to the dr and he said he could try inferon shots for 1yr but it is a 50&50 chance please help
Response from Dr. McGovern
It will be important to be followed by a liver specialist if your friend has cirrhosis. Cirrhosis means advanced liver disease. Not all patients with cirrhosis can be treated with interferon and ribavirin so it will be important to determine if he is a true treatment candidate.
On the other hand, he has a low viral load so if treatment can be offered, this would be encouraging for a sustained response.
Your friend should not drink alcohol.
Hepa B Test Result
Hepatitis c risk
- Itchy Throat Sneezing Ars Symptoms
- Chance Of Getting Hiv Infection From Virus Load Undetectable
- How Long After Having Sex Can Hiv Show Up In A Test?
- Do Symptoms Of Hepatitis C Include Unusual Odor Of Urine?
- What Do Ulcers In The Mouth Look Like When U Are Hiv Positive?
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.