tested for both hiv and hep c

i was tested for both hiv and hep c a couple of months ago. i got tested 3 months after needle prick firstly with antibody test for the hiv and a pcr test for the hep c both at 3 months. they were both negitive. if i was co-infected what would the likely hood of these coming up as negitive or positive after this stage be. i have had anxiety ever since the incident and im finding it difficult to assure myself that i am fine.if you have already answered this question could you please point me in the right direction. many thanks

This is a commonly asked question but a very important one. I am sure many other people will find your question helpful.

Seroconversion refers to a change in antibody testing status - the patient who was negative for antibodies subsequently turns positive.

The majority of people who become infected with hepatitis C have evidence of seroconversion by 8 to 12 weeks; nearly all patients have seroconversion by 24 weeks. Similar analogies can be drawn for HIV; most are positive by 12 weeks but we test out to 24 weeks for late seroconversion, which is uncommon.

I suspect all will be well with you. It is unfortunate that these testing strategies can be so troubling and anxiety-provoking. Try to get some sleep tonight knowing that the overwhelming odds are with you for a good result.

Confused!
Hepa B Test Result