|Scary eye exam
Jul 8, 2008
Hi I was wondering if you can contract Hiv or hepatitis from an eye exam. The reason for my question is the person before me who was very rough! Before I could notice I had touched something wet with my eye! Not sure if what it was (drops, tears hoping not blood) Now I am scared to death about contracting something. Sometimes the tools they use come in contact with your eyes and I know that this is mucous membranes! How much risk is there and shoud I worry? Thanks so much in advance! Hope you respond.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis viruses are only transmitted from blood to blood exposure.
Hep C & Mosquito bites
- Penis Discharge After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can Microgynon Cause Thrush?
- The Symptoms Of Stomach Pain And Hot Flashes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.