Jul 8, 2008
I got into a fight with a person with an unknown Hiv/Hep C status. I suffered a small cut on my knuckle. Right after the fight I cleaned it with alcohol wipes then aprox 15 mins later I washed my hands with anti-bact soap. What is my risk? Please tell me I very nervous. thank you
Response from Dr. McGovern
If your cut was contaminated by blood from the other person, I would get follow-up testing just to be on the safe side.
Novel Treatments for HCV
Donation of body to science
- Can I Know If I'm Hiv Positive After 2 Weeks Of Infected?
- Why Cant I Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Which Is Worse Herpes Or Syphilis?
- What Precautions Can You Take If Someone Has Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Vitamin B12 And Herpes Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.