Jul 8, 2008
I was in school and a kid Pricked me in the hand with a small thumb tack, he then did this kid in the hallway and about 45 seconds after he got me again in the arm, it was a small tiny hole not deep at all, is this a problem? I'm worried about H.I.V. ThankYou
Response from Dr. McGovern
You would not be able to get HIV or HCV or HBV this way. HOwever, you should let your principal know about this behavior since it could lead to cellulitis - a skin infection. Keep an eye on this - if no redness occurs - you are fine.
Hepatits C consequences
Reactive Anti-HAV IgM; Non-reactive HBsAG
- Would Herpes Show Up As Just One Sore
- What Kind Of Antibiotics Cure Gonorrhea?
- What Is The Best Over The Counter Medicine For Chlamydia?
- Ways You Can Get Chlamydia From People Who Have It
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
- Symptoms Of Sore Throat Caused By Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.